The latest WordPress News and Insider Updates: Do You Have a Backup Plan?
As WordPress bloggers, we know you are constantly tweaking and re-tweaking your sites to build the most efficient and user-friendly platform that will drive traffic to your site and engage your readers. In order to protect your investment, it is critical to schedule and maintain backups of your site in the event of a catastrophic loss. Do not count on your web host to do it for you! In this article, we will outline five free backup plugins that you can (and should!) start using right away. Some of free options are not automatic, so be sure to set aside time each week to perform this critical maintenance.
- BackWPup Free – save a complete backup .zip file for free in the cloud (Dropbox) or on your computer. Easy to restore an installation.
- Dropbox Backup & Restore – Unlimited backups and restores; free plugin support offered (at the time of this writing).
- UpdraftPlus – Backup full WordPress site locally or to the cloud; also supports automatic backups. Premium paid options available.
- WPBackItUp Backup & Restore – Simple and easy-to-use plugin; creates a .zip file of your entire WordPress site.
- BackupRocks – Automatic, real-time cloud backup of your site; captures changes to your site in real-time. 30 day free trial, but to back up in real-time? This is a game-changer!
Backups are crucial to keeping your blog online and are a necessary part of your maintenance plan. Numerous paid and free backup plugins are available. The point is – use one! You don’t want all of that hard work to go to waste, do you?
As always, WP Support HQ is here for the latest WordPress news and updates! Please contact us with any questions about this article or about WordPress in general. We would love to hear from you!